Re: eclipse

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 11:42:46 EDT

    > for some reason I cAn never seem to get my stuff on the list
    > ols tell me where to send and I will.
    >

    > what about 3.6?
    3.5 is only at a .0 release ... 3.6 is nowhere near something you want
    to use. I have no idea if WOLips is compatible, or if they've fix the
    performance problems.

    > as you can see i am trying to really ask if I can use a cocoa version.
    Honestly, there's not that much difference between the two. You get
    the slightly better fidelity of Cocoa vs Carbon implementations of
    controls, but other than that, it's the same Eclipse. SWT's job is to
    make sure that there isn't that big of a difference.

    > Also have you see flux2 by the escapers??? kind of a viaual html
    > and css
    >
    > the question I would have is if you could use flux with WOLips
    I've never used it. If it's respectful of tags it doesn't know, you
    could probably use it for top level component HTML editing, but this
    is dodging a large part of the complexity of the problem -- nested
    components, conditionals, repetitions, etc. You're also not going to
    have any kind of integration for editing component bindings. I don't
    think you can really solve this problem (if you can solve it at all in
    a non-insane way, which I'm not really convinced of) without a system
    that at fundamentally understands components.

    ms