Re: info for eclipse install of WOLips?

From: Mike Schrag (mschra..dimension.com)
Date: Wed Sep 09 2009 - 12:09:21 EDT

    > If you let me know the current procedure, I can update the info on
    > the wiki. Right now, for example, it says one can download "http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/wolips-HEAD-latest-site.tar.gz
    > " and that gives me a 404, so at least some of the info on the wiki
    > is out of date.
    Yes these files are no longer provided at these locations .. They are
    all provided inside of hudson.

    > The http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/nightly and http://webobjects.mdimension.com/wolips/stable
    > URLs both offer me a 3.4.* version and so the error is not fixed.
    > Even though I am running 3.5, they still offer me the 3.4 version.
    > Not sure why.
    Because they're 3.4 builds. There is no 3.5 version of nightly or
    stable, those are built for eclipse 3.4. The eclipse 3.5 version
    requires the eclipse 3.5 branch of wolips (which is nightlier than
    nightly).

    > I p[oked around the site and none of these work. Apparently eclipse
    > 3.5 still needs a site.xml file, yes? And I do not see one in these
    > locations?
    >
    > http://webobjects.mdimension.com/hudson/job/WOLipsTrunk/lastStableBuild/
    http://webobjects.mdimension.com/hudson/job/WOLipsTrunk/lastStableBuild/artifact/site/
    this is the "trunk" branch -- eclipse 3.4

    > http://webobjects.mdimension.com/hudson/job/WOLipsEclipse35/lastStableBuild/
    http://webobjects.mdimension.com/hudson/job/WOLipsEclipse35/lastStableBuild/artifacts/site/
    this is the last "stable" build (in Hudson's terms) of the 3.5 branch

    > http://webobjects.mdimension.com/hudson/job/WOLipsEclipse35/lastSuccessfulBuild/
    http://webobjects.mdimension.com/hudson/job/WOLipsEclipse35/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifacts/site/
    this is the last build of the 3.5 branch -- this is what i use

    > Was there somewhere else that I should have tried?
    You can get to all of those by clicking on "build artifacts" from the
    hudson page. The old install site urls should redirect to these
    locations as well. I got a report from someone that eclipse 3.4
    doesn't handle redirects for install sites, though, so the old urls
    may not work right now for those. 3.5 works fine with it.

    ms