Entity Modeler Reverse Engineer shows no tables

From: JR Ruggentaler (j..pv.com)
Date: Mon Sep 21 2009 - 18:01:47 EDT

    I created a model with Entity Modeler and configured the JDBC settings
    then selected the "Reverse Engineer" option. The dialog to select the
    table/tables to reverse engineer pops up but no tables are listed.
    This seems to be due the the schemaPattern argument to getTables().

    ResultSet java.sql.DatabaseMetaData.getTables(String catalog, String
    schemaPattern, String tableNamePattern, String[] types) throws
    SQLException

    The user name I am connecting to the database with does not "own" the
    tables but does have access rights. So if my user name is "foo" and my
    database schema is "bar" and I execute getTables() with the
    schemaPattern of "foo" or "", getTables() returns zero tables because
    user "foo" has no user tables. If I execute getTables() with user foo
    and schemaPattern "bar" I get all the tables I expect.

    Is there some way to tell Entity Modeler to use schemaPattern = "bar"
    and user "foo"?

    I am user Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 -
    64bit Production
    Eclipse Version: 3.4.2
    WOLips 3.4.5830

    JR