Re: Google Data Client Library (gdata) install with WebObjects

From: Chuck Hill (chil..lobal-village.net)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 15:51:55 EDT

    Hi Greg,

    On Oct 13, 2009, at 12:45 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

    > I placed the gdata folder in the Libraries folder

    I think that is the root problem. WOLips is expecting files in that
    folder, not more folders. Can you move all the gdata files into the
    Libraries folder? Are they all jar/zip files?

    > for the app and then added it via Configure Build Path in Eclipse.

    They should be on the Libraries and the Order and Export tabs.

    > This seemed to make all imports happy and the app worked in
    > development. When it didn't work in deployment I tried moving the
    > gdata folder to a folder within System/Libray/Java/

    Again, it is not expecting folders in there.

    > and changing build path. Again devel happy deployment can't seem to
    > find it. I also added various dependencies to the System/Libray/
    > Java/Extensions folder on both devel and deployment computers.

    Noooooo. You go screwing around down there, you get to keep all the
    pieces when it explodes.

    > I assume Libraries are added at compile time and need not be moved
    > to the deployment server so if it did not work in deployment the
    > build was a problem. What problem and how to fix it is a mystery.
    > Or maybe I have a bad assumption. Just in case I moved the gdata
    > folder to the server too. I also made sure all extensions were the
    > same on both computers.
    >
    > Sorry for the addressing problem. Anyones wisdom in this area would
    > be greatly appreciated.

    Chuck

    --
    Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development