Re: Problem reading Entity Modeler file in EOModeler

From: Matthias Jakob (jako..akwa.de)
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 12:49:27 EST

    Dear Robert,
    we use EclipseDatabase from Soyatec (http://www.soyatec.com/euml2/screenshots/diagram.png).
    Its a part of Soyatec UML2 Studio and works very well http://www.soyatec.com/euml2/. Our process is design the Database with Soyatec (initial)
    then create the database with the soyatec script. Then we use EOModeler reverse it and begin working with WO. We use migrations, all db updates are in migration and WO also model0 - init db creation.
    With Soyatec we reverse the diagram after some work with wo. This works great. The only problem is UML2 it's a bit tricky to work with (usability) ... but it works ... and it's a Eclipse PlugIn and the only one that works an produces correct models with the right informations like name pk,fk, type and so on ...

    I think Anjo's example is to simple ... See Sybase Powerdesigner Screenshot, it's the best tool for DB Design (http://www.xod.ca/Images/XstreamDataModel.gif) but windows only ... ;-(

    Matthias