Re: why the Component Editor is so un-helpful...

From: Ray Kiddy (ra..anymede.org)
Date: Mon Dec 14 2009 - 16:32:20 EST

    On Dec 14, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > incidentally, wolips saves the split view positions (or maybe the
    > weights?), so that if you're using mostly inline bindings, you can
    > just collapse it down and it stays collapsed. the "this wod file is
    > not empty" is to provide some indication that you have collapsed
    > your view, but there is actually information to see inside the wod.
    > the default in wolips is to NOT be closed, though, so you had have
    > closed it at some point to get to that point.
    >
    > ms

    OMG! I cannot believe that has been there the entire time.....

    I am really going to have to file a bug with eclipse about the non-
    obviousness of that UI element.

    I guess that, at times, the only way to figure out what eclipse can do
    in some of these views is more your cursor over every pixel in the
    view and see if the cursor changes. I bet that does not cover it all,
    though....

    Well, thanks anyway.

    - ray