Re: Problems on 10.6 with old config after Xcode/iPhone SDK install -- SOLVED (sort of)

From: Thomas Lueger (thoma..peedup.de)
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 07:11:27 EST

Hi again,

On 29.12.2009, at 21:08, Chuck Hill wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2009, at 1:47 AM, Thomas Lueger wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> about 2 weeks ago we finally upgraded our two development Macs to Mac OS 10.6 (new Macs, yay!).
>> We were pleased to see that our current WO/WOLips/WOnder/Eclipse Configuration still was working nearly perfect (only some minor glitches so far).
>>
>> The used versions:
>> Mac OS: 10.6.2
>> WebObjects: 5.3.3
>> WOLips: 3.3.5535
>> Eclipse 3.3.2
>>
>> A little bit old we admit... ;-)
>>
>> A week ago I tried to install the current XCode / iPhone SDK on one of the machines (bad idea?) and I realised short after this something referring our WO dev config has been broken.
>
> At one point that installed a broken (IIRC) version of WO 5.4. Try re-installing WO 5.3.3

thanks, Chuck.

We finally found out that the problem is inside the workspace.
Tested workspace from other mac and there the app runs okay.
Checking out all projects into new workspace and this is up and running. 8-)
Old workspace still gives this f****ng error. (sorry - but had to be said - 1.5 days gone)

Currently I have no idea (and not much time or motivation) for finding out differences between the two workspaces.
But if anybody is interested in what exactly is broken in this workspace feel free to contact me with ideas for further tests.

Cheers,

Thomas
sensano AG
Munich