Re: Any WOLips patching and fixing day planned?

From: Ray Kiddy (ra..anymede.org)
Date: Tue Jan 05 2010 - 11:33:51 EST

    On Jan 5, 2010, at 6:31 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

    > WOLips 3.5 is not considered a stable release. I use it all the
    > time, but it has serious performance issues, especially in the Cocoa
    > build -- these are Eclipse problems, not WOLips problems. We are
    > mostly at the mercy of the Eclipse team to fix these problems before
    > we declare a WOLips 3.5 release build. Maybe 3.5.2 will have the
    > performance fixes necessary to move.
    >
    > ms

    This is no surprise, but when I have submitted bugs against eclipse,
    they seem to opine that WOLips may be at fault. They are not
    especially grumpy about it, but I suspect they point the finger at us
    as often as we point it at them.

    Is there a tag or a search you use to find relevant WOLips-related
    bugs in bugs.eclispe.org? I can do a search for "WOLips" and I see 9
    bugs (below), and then there are the 260 open bugs aginst 'Mac OS X -
    Cocoa'. But I suspect there are some bugs that do not have "WOLips" in
    the strings but which are (in our opinion) blocking us. Do we have a
    way to track those bugs?

    There are several ways to mark bugs in bugzilla as being part of some
    "group" or "category" and I have looked for a "WOLips" thing in those
    markers but do not see any. Perhaps a "[WOLips]" in the bug title
    would be a way to start? Or something in the whiteboard? The list of
    keywords is not huge, so I suspect that using a keyword would be
    discouraged.

    cheers - ray

    157407 [API Request] Add some sort of support API (hooks?) in html
    editor to support custom tags in html
    262630 plugin update not visible until quit/re-launch
    104744 [Mac] Investigate open document/applescript support
    297678 [EditorMgmt] clicking on file in Package Explorer does not re-
    open the file...
    141929 Severe port leak on Eclipse 3.2 20060512
    201154 Add support in SWT for event-based document opening
    285175 [Widgets] \eclipse hangs for ~15 seconds when opening a new file
    188874 Import from FileSystem damages the files' chflags flags
    237344 Leopard FSEvents RefreshProvider