Re: org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs & woo file changes

From: Michael Hast (mhas..esertsky.com)
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 12:47:23 EST

    When doing a cvs diff I get the following changes:

    < #Wed Jan 20 ...

    ---
     > #Wed Jan 21 ...

    < encoding//bin/com/des.../some.wo/some.wod=MacRoman

    And there are tons of those lines. I opened the file in text edit and I still have lines like encoding//src/com/des.../some.wo/some.wod=MacRoman

    I see the Properties - Resource setting for the Text file encoding and that makes sense because it is set to "Inherit from container (MacRoman)". That makes sense.

    Thanks.

    Michael.

    Chuck Hill wrote: > > On Jan 20, 2010, at 7:44 AM, Michael Hast wrote: > >> Hi: >> >> I am using Eclipse 3.4 with WOLips 3.4.5744. >> >> Whenever I do a Project->Clean from the Eclipse menu, the file >> org.eclipse.core.resources.prefs always changes. It's getting to be >> really annoying. Every single CVS update that file changes. Is there a >> way around it, or is that one of those things we have to live with? > > CVS?!!? > > What changes in the file? > > >> Also the woo files that are now automatically getting created have the >> encoding of UTF-8 by default. They however get changed in the process >> by Eclipse/WOLips to MacRoman. Is there a setting in Eclipse/WOLips >> that prevents that from happening? > > > There is a workspace preference and a per-project setting (Properties - > Resource) that control this. > > I don't see either of these problems. > > Chuck >

    -- Tel: (520) 572-9410 Desert Sky Software: www.desertsky.com Specializing in the Development and Hosting of e-Business Applications.