Re: maven-war-plugin and woframework packaging

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 2010 - 16:16:03 EST

    Hi Sébastien,

    On 09/02/10 10:27, Sébastien Letélié wrote:
    > i try this but it don't work, maybe i have to retry
    > finally i use the assembly plugin and it generate my war

    The assembly plug-in is really powerful and flexible. But, IMHO, if you
    are trying to produce common WOAs or true WARs, the
    maven-wolifecycle-plugin and maven-war-plugin fit better. I have been
    using only these plug-ins to produce WOAs and WARs for a long time
    without requiring the complexity of the assembly plug-in.

    > it's a good plugin, i'm going to create an assembly config to generate
    > a "ready-to-deploy" wo app (with all frks, services, etc)

    The maven-wolifecycle-plugin is capable of producing ready to deploy
    WOAs. The same applies to the maven-war-plugin and WAR artifacts. If
    something is not working as expected it is probably a bug or something
    you are doing wrong. In the long term, solving the problem is less time
    consuming than maintaining assembly descriptors spread over your projects.

    I could help you more if you were able to send me the pom configuration
    of your project.

    Cheers,

    Henrique