Servlet deployment

From: Anders Peterson (anders_peterso..ptimatika.se)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2010 - 16:41:24 EDT

    Hi,

    I'm setting up a new Snow Leopard Client system to run WebObjects applications
    using Tomcat. (I'd like not to install WO.)

    I've done a basic Tomcat installation, checked Servlet Deployment & Autogenerate
    web.xml, built and deployed the war to Tomcat. The applications starts and I can
    use it. The only problem is that no web server resources are
    found/used/displayed. WOAppMode is set to Development.

    Guessing this is a configuration problem, but what?

    The url to one of the images that can't be displayed is:

    http://manta.local:8080/MyApp/WebObjects/MyApp.woa/_wr_/wodata=/Library/Tomcat/webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF/MyApp.woa/Contents/WebServerResources/On.gif

    This works fine, the image is there:

    file:///Library/Tomcat/webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF/MyApp.woa/Contents/WebServerResources/On.gif

    BTW, the web.xml defines WOROOT, LOCALROOT and others, but what if I don't have
    WebObjects installed. Doing servlet deployment I don't need it installed, right?

    /Anders