Re: Problem reading Entity Modeler file in EOModeler

From: Robert Huber..7r (huber@seven-r.ch)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2010 - 10:14:25 UTC

    Hi Anjo

    I downloaded again your eomodelgraffle.jar app and tried to get it work, but I just get in the terminal an error message: -bash: /Applications/eomodelgraffle.jar: Permission denied when executing. Although I have read/write permissions. chmod 777 didn't help either.

    I thought may be under this link are some more infos how to deal with your app, but it doesn't work any more: http://bla/cgi-bin/WebObjects/myapp.woa/wa/GraphVizSomeSetting

    Did you (or someone else) do some more experiments with this?

    Thanks, Robert

    On 03.12.2009, at 14:58, Anjo Krank wrote:

    > It's really not much more than a hack at this point. For example, you would need to have ->> arrows for to-manies, which I can't find. And you could define a view that moves the names of the relationships to the arrows, thus reducing the size of the boxes, or add a flag to not show the attributes, only the relationships. But yeah, it's cool - and very flexible and totally no-work. No shoving around boxes... good ROI so far :)
    >
    > Cheers, Anjo
    >
    > Am 03.12.2009 um 12:22 schrieb David Avendasora:
    >
    >> Brilliant!
    >>
    >> I like pictures, and you are right that the first two are useless, but using D2* rules to define what is shown is very cool, and makes the diagram readable.
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>

    >> On Dec 3, 2009, at 5:55 AM, Anjo Krank wrote:
    >>
    >>> Soo.... this actually turns out to be pretty neat:) From my model below, adding
    >>>
    >>> 100: pageConfiguration = GraphVizPayment => visibleEntityNames = (
    >>> "Payment",
    >>> "PaymentType",
    >>> "PaymentChannel",
    >>> "PaymentChannelType"
    >>> )
    >>>
    >>> yields:
    >>>

    >>> <pastedGraphic.png>
    >>>

    >>> Note that it automatically creates the missing nodes.
    >>>
    >>> Sweet. One *could* make it so it uses the tools directly and return the PDF. Right now it only creates the .dot file and you still have to open it in the GV app.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers, Anjo

    >> David Avendasora
    >> Senior Software Engineer
    >> K12, Inc.