Re: Questions to new WonderEntity templates

From: David Avendasora (webobject..vendasora.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2010 - 14:20:30 UTC

    On Jul 2, 2010, at 9:02 AM, Ramsey Lee Gurley wrote:

    > On Jul 2, 2010, at 7:01 AM, David Avendasora wrote:
    >
    >> It appears that this change is also breaking existing Wonder Frameworks and Apps that have models and generated EOs such as ERAttachment and ERModernMoviesDemo:
    >>
    >> _ERDatabaseAttachment.java has this:
    >>
    >> public static class _ERDatabaseAttachmentClazz extends ERAttachment.ERAttachmentClazz {
    >> /* more clazz methods here */
    >> }
    >>
    >> ERAttachment.java has no ERAttachmentClazz class in it since it is an existing class and EOGenerator doesn't touch it.
    >>
    >> _ERAttachment.java has this:
    >>
    >> public static class _ERAttachmentClazz extends ERXGenericRecord.ERXGenericRecordClazz<ERAttachment> {
    >> /* more clazz methods here */
    >> }
    >

    > True, since the Entity.java are never regenerated, those would need to be added manually or the subclasses will be pointing at a non-existant class for super.
    >
    > If that's a huge problem, I can create a patch to pull the clazz stuff back out. WOL-1125 started as a simple little patch to change inline strings to static strings, so if this is really problematic, I'm not insistent that these stay. But if everyone likes the clazz stuff, I can create a patch to add those too. Either is fine with me

    Well, at the very least the rest of Wonder should be made not to break if the base templates change. But besides that, there's lots of people out there that just use the default Wonder templates and this change will break all their frameworks and/or applications. I don't think that is acceptable.

    Don't get me wrong, I _love_ updates and improvements. We just can't break existing code without a really, really good reason.

    Dave