Using Multiple OSC without WOSession?

From: Dov Rosenberg (DRosenber..nquira.Com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2010 - 21:48:05 UTC

    We have a couple of EOF based applications that do not use WOSessions. One is a JSP taglibrary where all of our custom tags are EOF based the other is a web services based application.

    I finally figured out why setting the maxCoordinators wasn’t creating new Object Store Coordinators – Wonder uses the WOSession to trigger the creation or to grab the next one out of pool.

    I would really like to use multiple OSCs for our non WOSession based apps but I need some guidance as to the best way to get a reference to an object store for each of my invocations. For the JSP tags - each tag could grab a reference to an object store. The challenge is I make use of the SharedEditingContext quite a bit for readonly data. I assume each OSC would have its own EOSharedEditingContext so that shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

    I am betting I can grab a reference to an OSC at the start of my tag or web service call and return it back to the pool at the end. Is there someplace within the Wonder framework where I can do that and still have everything work?

    Thanks in advance for your help

    Dov Rosenberg