Re: TurnKey Installer Components

From: Kieran Kelleher (kelleher..mail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 14:48:37 UTC

    David,

    I disagree with you and Timo, and I agree with Mike and others. ;-)

    In summary 2 good reasons for installing in ~/Applications, considering that novice/intermediate users are the ones we are trying to make life easy for.....

    1) Writeable Eclipse dir ... keep writeable in user dir. Prevent permission issues that 'stump' newbies into giving up too early.

    2) Painless migrations to new machines

    -Kieran