Re: TurnKey Installer Components

From: Jeremy Matthews (jeremymatthew..ac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 16:07:54 UTC

    That's the more secure way...

    So...I've managed a few macs in my day, and created custom images....lots of IT work.

    Generally speaking, you don't let "business" users run as admins. Not that they CAN"T do admin things (with an admin account ID and password), just that they're not an admin off the bat.
    More secure. Slightly more work.

    For SOHO's or individuals....well, different story.
    Some of those folks don't understand why there is a need for a second account....or what this mysterious thing called "root" is...so its less stress just to tell them to be careful and not do silly things (which sometimes works).

    -j