Re: Trying to get to maven, maven does not want me.

From: Henrique Prange (hprang..mail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2010 - 16:39:40 UTC

    Hi Johan,

    On 09/11/2010, at 14:09, Johan Henselmans wrote:

    > On 9 nov 2010, at 14:13, Henrique Prange wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Johan,
    >>
    >> On 09/11/2010, at 10:07, Johan Henselmans wrote:
    >>
    >>> Henrique, what is going on?
    >>
    >> The WOCommunity Repository [1] points to the server you mentioned. I've tried and it seems be working. Could you please try again and let us know if the issue persist?
    >>
    >>> Do we need some other repository store?
    >>>

    > Somehow maven.community.org redirects to wo-repository.moleque.com.br:

    That is the correct behavior at the present time.

    > [INFO] org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2: checking for updates from wocommunity.releases
    > [WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2' could not be retrieved from repository: wocommunity.releases due to an error: Error transferring file: wo-repository.moleque.com.br
    > [INFO] Repository 'wocommunity.releases' will be blacklisted

    Which version of Maven? Could you run the Maven command with -e and -X options and send me the log?

    mvn clean install -e -X

    > In the settings.xml I downloaded from http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/Quick+Start there is no indicator of wo-repository.moleque.com.br, so it must come from maven.wocommunity.org

    I've asked Pascal to create this redirection in order to make Maven users' lives easier. Wherever we put the Nexus server is just a matter of updating the WOCommunity configuration to redirect to the right server. No one has to care about fixing the settings.xml file if we decide to move our server from one place to another.

    The WOCommunity Repository is gently hosted by Moleque de Idéias at the moment. When we move to Amazon in a near future, you will probably see another server redirection happening behind the scenes.

    Cheers,

    Henrique