Re: Infrastructure upgrades

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2011 - 16:25:07 UTC

    On Apr 17, 2011, at 12:59 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > I disabled the old SVN last night. Now preparing the move of Jira and Confluence to a new faster server with more memory, as well as upgrading. I apologize for any possible downtime during this process (e.g. now I had to stop Jira as the old server doesn't have enough memory for Confluence backup ... should be up soon).
    >
    > Andrus

    Please check out the new versions of Jira and Confluence:

    http://issues3.objectstyle.org/
    http://wiki3.objectstyle.org/

    They are running on a faster server on a Rackspace cloud. My monitoring tools show this setup to be much more stable and well performing compared to the old server at Slicehost (even though it is now a Rackspace subsidiary). The instances are loaded with a week old snapshot of Jira and today's snapshot of Confluence. Please poke around and if everything looks good in a couple of days I'll load fresh snapshots, shut down the old instances and redirect the DNS.

    So far I noticed one minor issue - Confluence profile icons did not make it across. The icons themselves are there, but somehow not associated with the corresponding accounts:

    http://wiki3.objectstyle.org/confluence/download/attachments/3503/probert-55726-pp-photo+1.jpg

    I guess we can survive this one, with everybody updating their own icons by hand after the final migration. But maybe I overlooked something more substantial.

    Andrus