Deployment throw DirectConnect

From: Xandro Maierleb (x.maierle..mx.net)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2011 - 19:14:00 UTC

    Hello WebObjects-Programmers,
    I'm developing a WO-Application, which is used to handle maintanance for a small company. About 5 Persons will work in furture with this application within the company throw intranet.

    Is it really necessary to disable WODirectConnect an build an own Apache HTTP-Adaptor? Do I really need WOTaskDaemon and WOMonitor on this machine if only 5 Perons use this App? Because it's quiet easier for me and the admin in this company to run it with a bashscript directly, and call this Application with a local URL like: http://192.168.0.1:1234

    Have I any disadvantages in my case with my solution? If I read and understood the Deployment-Confluence rightly, WOTaskDaemon helps to share the calls to one or more instances (if there are many calls to my application). But I've only a handfull.

    Thanks a lot and wish you all the best from austria,
    Xandro