Re: Deployment throw DirectConnect

From: Pascal Robert (prober..acti.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2011 - 19:20:35 UTC

    Le 2011-04-28 à 15:14, Xandro Maierleb a écrit :

    > Hello WebObjects-Programmers,
    > I'm developing a WO-Application, which is used to handle maintanance for a small company. About 5 Persons will work in furture with this application within the company throw intranet.
    >
    > Is it really necessary to disable WODirectConnect an build an own Apache HTTP-Adaptor? Do I really need WOTaskDaemon and WOMonitor on this machine if only 5 Perons use this App? Because it's quiet easier for me and the admin in this company to run it with a bashscript directly, and call this Application with a local URL like: http://192.168.0.1:1234

    Monitor is not needed, that's for sure.

    Another option would be to use mod_proxy between Apache and your app. You get the power of Apache (to server other non-WO content) + the power of WO. But you won't have any watchdog, you will have to act manually in case the app is down, or use other tools like launchctl or Nagios to restart it. Apache is pre-install on OS X and many Linux installation, so using it should not be a problem.

    > Have I any disadvantages in my case with my solution? If I read and understood the Deployment-Confluence rightly, WOTaskDaemon helps to share the calls to one or more instances (if there are many calls to my application). But I've only a handfull.

    WOTaskd will also help monitoring your instances, so if they crash it can try to restart them.