Import EOModel: NSCalendarDate != java.sql.Date

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 12:50:21 EDT

    in
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.wocompat.EOModelHelper.javaTypeForEOModelerType(String),

            if (type.equals("NSCalendarDate"))
                return "java.sql.Date";

    This is probably a poor default.

    I think you're going to have to go with java.sql.Timestamp instead.

    Unfortunately, EOModeler doesn't really distinquish between a Date-only,
    DateTime, or Time-only field.

    You'd have to actually check the Database External Type instead in a
    database-dependent way, and even then many databases (like Oracle) use the
    same type for all dates.

    In my own applications, I almost always use DateTimes, and occasionally
    Dates. Rarely Times.

    I think that if you default to DateTime, you'll probably be safest since you
    won't lose any information in any of the three cases. And it's my
    guess-without-basis that most people are using DateTimes.

    Maybe this is another good preference item.

    -Mike