Re: patch to support building cayenne-nodeps.jar in nightly builds

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 17:12:30 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > I am testing your script and here is a few questions.
    >
    > Is there any reason why we shouldn't *compile* classes against
    > dependencies provided by cayenne.jar? The only one I can see is when
    > users want to "fix" cayenne against a version of a 3rd party lib that
    > has API incompatibilities with current Cayenne... Is this what you had
    > in mind?

    That's not actually what I had in mind, but now that you bring it up, it
    does seem to make sense to leave it that way (especially if someone is
    already using the nodeps version).

    That said, it doesn't matter in my situation which way it's done, so I'm not
    going to protest if you want to compile against cayenne.jar. :)

    The reason I did it the way I did is because my ant skills are limited, and
    it was the only way I could figure out how to do it :) If the cayenne.jar
    file is unpacked, then when the cayenne.nodeps jar is repacked from the
    build dir, it would pick up everything that was in cayenne.jar....

    Despite appearances to the contrary, a lot of what I do is blundering
    around. I've been using Eclipse and ant about one week, maybe two, longer
    than I've been using Cayenne :) A expert of nothing (except maybe
    WebObjects and cut-and-paste), but a dabbler in everything :)

    -Mike