Re: Patch for read-only objects with to-many relationship changes

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 21:41:45 EDT

    Just checked in this patch with corrections (see below).

    On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 04:43 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Adding the following code after line 420 would seem to accomplish the
    > same purpose if I follow what's going on (assumption: the object is
    > marked COMMITED if no potential database changes were detected).
    >
    > Class anObjEntityClass =
    > o.getObjectId().getObjClass();
    > ObjEntity anObjEntity =
    > context.getEntityResolver().lookupObjEntity(anObjEntityClass);
    > if (anObjEntity.isReadOnly()) {
    > if (PersistenceState.MODIFIED ==
    > o.getPersistenceState())
    > throw
    > attemptToCommitReadOnlyEntity(anObjEntityClass, anObjEntity);
    > }

    It was more than that - handling of read only entities was also
    required for delete and insert....

    > As near as I can tell classifyAsWritable() doesn't do anything
    > meaningful other than generate the exception. writableObjEntities is
    > not used anywhere.

    Well, it was used - for tracking the entities that have been processed
    already. Now since I got rid of classifyAsWritable(),
    writableObjEntities is removed too.

    Andrus