Re: Modeler doesn't generate/validate reverse relationships from EOModel

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 01:10:24 EDT

    On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 02:07 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > The import function needs to either correctly create the reverse
    > relationships or to flag them to be corrected.

    Agreed (reverse DbRelationship should be created in this case, but not
    ObjRelationship of course...). Could you please open a bug report?

    > Also, the Validate Project command did not flag the missing reverse
    > relationships.

    Same thing... Could you send a bug report...

    > Actually, it didn't flag the missing DataNode either.

    Well, if a project does not contain any DataNodes, it is perfectly OK
    to still have a DataMap that is not linked to any nodes.... I am
    actually thinking to remove the existing warning when there are nodes,
    but maps are not using them (such warning is a leftover from the time
    when manualy linking a map to a node was not an obvious operation,
    hidden deeply in the menus).

    The problem here really is that "Import EOModel" does not create a
    DataNode to begin with. I believe you've mentioned this sometime
    back... Again, a bug report would help us ensure that we do not forget
    this.

    Andrus