Re: Modeler doesn't generate/validate reverse relationships from EOModel

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 10:07:46 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > Agreed (reverse DbRelationship should be created in this case, but not
    > ObjRelationship of course...). Could you please open a bug report?

    Done.

    > > Validate Project command did not flag the missing reverse relationships.
    > ...bug report...

    Done.

    > > Actually, it didn't flag the missing DataNode either.
    >
    > Well, if a project does not contain any DataNodes, it is perfectly OK
    > to still have a DataMap that is not linked to any nodes.

    Is the project usable in this case? Without a DataNode, I would think not.
    Shouldn't Validate provide all checks necessary to make the project usable?

    > "Import EOModel" does not create a
    > DataNode to begin with. I believe you've mentioned this sometime
    > back... Again, a bug report would help us ensure that we do not forget
    > this.

    Actually, I submitted this as RFE #802636 back on 9/8, so it's in there. At
    some point I hope to have some time to start working on this.