Re: semantic of expressions

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 05:36:30 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Giulio Cesare Solaroli" <slrgcs..bn-italy.com>
    To: <cayenne-deve..bjectstyle.org>
    Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 11:28 AM
    Subject: RFC: semantic of expressions

    > Any suggestion on this idea to restructure the expressions based on
    > their semantic, instead on their attribute (as they are now)?
    > Do you like the way the code looks like?
    >
    > Thanks for the attention.
    >
    > Giulio Cesare Solaroli

    My opinion always was the main purpose of the Query/Expression part of the
    framework is not to hide the actual SQL query logic from a developer but
    help quickly build the types of queries often used in practice, and at that
    the semantics should be easily understood from the corresponding Java code.
    Thus I believe the exercise of the two different approaches in your example
    is appropriate. Maybe, the naming conventions could point to the difference
    in the semantics and the underlying SQL logic even sharper? What would you
    say?

    Andriy.