Re: When will Cayenne 1.2M3 be out?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 21:18:01 EST

    On Mar 8, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > But as far as a release goes afterwards, I'm not really sure.
    > Hopefully any
    > remaining issues with the XML encoding stuff can be ironed out, and
    > I'd hate
    > to have a 1.2M4 just for this feature, but at the same time, I'd
    > rather not
    > see 1.2 ship with a buggy new feature.

    I guess including XML coding in M2 was done a bit too early, but I
    don't have too many regrets about it ;-) IMO a user should expect two
    things out of a milestone release:

       * relatively stable existing features
       * preview of relatively complete but less stable pieces of new
    functionality

    By no means having milestones out there indicates that final release is
    just around the corner. We will have as many of them as needed until we
    have all planned features and are satisfied with their quality. With a
    few more big things in the queue I expect the count to go past M4.

    Andrus