Re: When will Cayenne 1.2M3 be out?

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 13:45:55 EST

    On 3/8/05 1:11 PM, "Andrus Adamchik" <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > I need to integrate Kevin's patches submitted with CAY-261. After that you
    > can use nightly builds without waiting for M3... I am presonally very
    > interested in finalizing this feature, just don't have enough bandwidth to
    > provide meaningful help.

    I still have some more tests to write, particularly with the mapping. But
    it would be nice to get feedback from people actually trying it out. When I
    get a spare half hour or so, I intend on writing up a blog post on how to
    actually use the API, which should help others trying to use it.

    > Talking about M3, I'd like it to go out rather sooner than later. Probably
    > instead of perfecting joint prefetches, I'll commit all the latest patches
    > (postgres PK gen, XML stuff), then se what can be done with CAY-276. And
    > then we'll do a release. What does everyone think?

    I'd like to see a 1.2M3 soon. I have a new project using Postgres, so
    having the pk sequence support in an "official" build would be nice. Plus,
    it'll give me a reason to finally clean up my source branch on my end (which
    now has patches for like three different JIRA issues :-P).

    But as far as a release goes afterwards, I'm not really sure. Hopefully any
    remaining issues with the XML encoding stuff can be ironed out, and I'd hate
    to have a 1.2M4 just for this feature, but at the same time, I'd rather not
    see 1.2 ship with a buggy new feature.

    --
    Kevin