RE: distributed objects

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 09:34:50 EST

    Actually we are talking about distributed DataContexts. So DataObjects are
    not "remoted" in any traditional sense.

    One of the upcoming 1.2 features is nested DataContexts in the same VM. So
    a "child" DataContext can commit to a "parent" without committing all the
    way to DB. This is ideal for things like dialogs and multistep web
    screens.

    "Distributed" DataContext will likely be implemented as an extension of
    "nested" DataContexts feature with remote parent. Communication between
    parent and child will be abstracted into a separate layer and will be
    pluggable (I am looking at Hessian for one possible default
    implementation).

    We'll have more discussions on that as we start the actual work.

    Andrus