Re: Unit test coverage

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat May 07 2005 - 15:05:51 EDT

    This certainly looks interesting. As I personally never used such
    tools, I am in no position to comment on their usefulness and on the
    various alternatives. Cayenne test suite deviates from the classic unit
    test approach as it tries to make assertions about external libraries
    and systems (such as different JDBC drivers and DBs). I wonder how this
    fits into the picture?

    Anyway, so how about we give it a try and see what results we get?

    On a side note, I was looking at JUnit alternatives such as TestNG
    (http://www.beust.com/testng/) for our test suite, as we are using lots
    of custom not-so-clean code to bootstrap Cayenne and work around JUnit
    initialization limitations. Looks like Cobertura is agnostic to the
    underlying test infrastructure?

    Andrus