Cayenne Multitier Code in Sandbox

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 21:38:13 EDT

    I just checked in the very early preview version of Cayenne multi-tier
    DataContext (actually it is called ObjectContext in this design -
    http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/2005/04/17). As there is
    still a lot of changes going on, I put it in the sandbox CVS directory.
    Once the design stabilizes (and I hear some feedback), I'll move it to
    the main Cayenne source tree.

    The new code consists of three Eclipse projects located in the
    following CVS folders:

    1. cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cayenne/sandbox/multitier/cayenne-3t
    (I guess "mt" for multi-tier is a better name than 3t?). This is
    Cayenne framework code. It includes server and client side classes for
    distributed Cayenne operations. The only included "connector" is
    HessianConnector that uses Hessian binary protocol from Caucho
    (http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/protocols/hessian.xtp).

    2. cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cayenne/sandbox/multitier/3t-example
    This is a server part of the test example. This Eclipse project is
    based on Sysdeo Tomcat plugin, so you'll need to download it from
    http://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatPlugin.html

    3.
    cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cayenne/sandbox/multitier/3t-example-
    client
    This is a rudimentary command-line client example that uses
    HessianConnector to access Cayenne server.

    I run both server and client from Eclipse. This is very raw and many
    things do not work (take a look at the client's Main class to see those
    few things that do). I'd appreciate the feedback on the general
    architecture (main interfaces are ObjectContext, Persistent,
    ClientCommand, CayenneConnector).

    Andrus