Re: Unit test coverage

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sun May 08 2005 - 22:45:17 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > Cool. It worked perfect and I got a pretty report. I guess it will be a

    :-)

    > nice guidance to the omissions in the test suite (and maybe even some
    > general refactoring?)

    It's certainly helpful to see which parts of the framework need some junit
    loving. Makes it easier for people to help out by just starting to write
    tests, too.

    > So where else do you want to use Emma in Cayenne? Modeler tests
    > (something that we still need to create)? Or do you have something else
    > in mind?

    We already have a few Modeler tests in build-tests-modeler.xml (none for
    dvmodeler, though) and they run fine - I thought it would be nice to have
    a report for them as well, even if there's not much there yet. Anyway I
    just added the coverage analysis exactly like I did with the main
    framework, but I don't get any instrumentation results for the modeler
    tests, for no apparent reason. :(
    I'll check it in anyway, it does no harm and maybe Mike can see what's wrong.

    Holger