Re: representing an entity pattern in cgen

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 16:46:40 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > > Also, what's the best way to represent a set of entities in ant?
    > >
    > > My original patch only allowed you to specify all entities, or one
    > > particular entity by name via an "entity" attribute for cgen.
    >
    > You can look at DataPort task that was recently moved from examples to
    > Cayenne core. I have some pattern matching on the name there -
    > http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/examples/data-port/cdataport.html
    >
    > Even if we want to use something fancier, I guess we can come up with a
    > common solution used by both tasks.

    No, that looks good.
    How about I factor out the entity parsing stuff and make it work on
    MapObjects instead?
    That will deal with ObjEntities, DBEntities, and probably other things.

    Perhaps I should go one step further and just work with the CayenneMapEntry
    interface.
    All that's really needed is getName() access.

    -Mike