More Multi-Tiered Qs

From: Derek Rendall (derek.rendal..mail.com)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 20:42:22 EDT

    Is the intention (when merge the DataObject and Persistent approaches)
    to return to a single inheritance structure for client and server
    domain classes? At the moment I am concerned with having two sets of
    classes (one server and one client). If we want to add general domain
    logic then we would have to add them in both places?

    Then again, the splitting of classes does allow us to have control
    over client/server variations/accessability to the domain logic.

    I can see potential for moving away from objects having data and code
    to a case where code that is common to server and client gets removed
    from the domain classes and put in a domain "helper" type class. Are
    there any thoughts on managing/avoiding this?