Re: Incorporating VPP code into cgen

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 20:29:56 EDT

    On May 23, 2005, at 8:16 PM, Cris Daniluk wrote:

    >> Simply importing something, even if its not used, still requires the
    >> dependency be available at run-time.
    >>
    >> Maybe you could have a dummy VPPConfig class in 1.1?
    >>
    > Or some reflection trickery, which is what dbUnit does. Quite annoying
    > when you're trying to debug busted code, but if its used sparringly
    > enough...

    Another idea - not sure how easy it is to factor out VPP stuff into a
    subclass. But if we can do that, we can have two tasks imported with
    Antlib, named something like cgen and cgen2.

    But then, if it is too much trouble, I guess making vpp Jar a
    requirement for code generation is not the end of the world. License
    permits us to distribute it with Cayenne (and we can actually trim the
    size of the Jar as cayenne.jar already includes Velocity).

    Andrus