Re: Incorporating VPP code into cgen

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 21:18:03 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On May 23, 2005, at 8:16 PM, Cris Daniluk wrote:
    >
    > >> Simply importing something, even if its not used, still requires the
    > >> dependency be available at run-time.
    > >>
    > >> Maybe you could have a dummy VPPConfig class in 1.1?
    > >>
    > > Or some reflection trickery, which is what dbUnit does. Quite annoying
    > > when you're trying to debug busted code, but if its used sparringly
    > > enough...

    I'm not going to work on it any more tonight, probably, but changing from
    "addConfiguredConfig(VPPConfig)" to "Object createConfig()" runs for the
    v1.1 case. I have to actually add in some configuration parameters to the
    ant task to see if that's sufficient to work. Erik's book states that the
    method signature should be "VPPConfig createConfig()", but I don't know how
    strong of a requirement that is. I also don't know if replacing
    addConfiguredConfig with createConfig will work (depends on if they really
    needed addConfiguredConfig or could have gotten by with addConfig. If I'm
    still around in the morning, I'll find out :)

    -Mike

    // public void addConfiguredConfig(VPPConfig vppConfig) {
    // this.vppConfig = vppConfig;
    // }

      public Object createConfig() {
          this.vppConfig = new VPPConfig();