Re: Postgres Adapter

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Jun 24 2005 - 18:24:50 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > We do have an issue in JIRA:
    > http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-289
    >
    > I guess table and column name translations should indeed be delegated to
    > DbAdapter. I am busy with other things at the moment, but if somebody
    > develops a patch, I'll be hapy to review and commit it.

    I started looking at this a bit, and it seems to me that the best thing
    to do would be to decorate the table name in DbEntity. However, we'd
    only want to use the decorated name for actual SQL operations -- not for
     display in the modeler and so forth.

    Does this sound like a fair assessment? If so, any thoughts on how to
    go about this?

    If not, it seems rather easy to handle the name wrapping in the
    DbAdapter for table creation and deletion at least. As for general
    queries, I'm still not familiar enough with Cayenne's innards to know
    what changes need to be made.

    --
    Kevin