Re: Is there an updated simple 3T Example?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 16:58:50 EDT

    Finally there is an updated example available. The client looks
    almost the same as the one I posted in May, however now we have the
    real stack all the way from the ClientObjectContext to the DataNode.

    Lots of things are still placeholders, but overall the new design
    based on generic graph synchronization approach seems to work pretty
    well. It advances Cayenne on all fronts - client contexts, nested
    contexts and POJOs (for those who needs them).

    Things that don't work on the client yet: relationships; also there
    are some bugs in commit process, so the example doesn't work on
    inserting a new object. So this should be considered a very early
    preview.

    The easiest way to run the examples is from Eclipse with
    JettyLauncher. Check out the following three projects from Cayenne CVS:

    1. cayenne
    2. 3t-example (from sandbox/multitier/3t-example)
    3. 3t-example-client (from sandbox/multitier/3t-example-client)

    Run 3t-example using JettyLauncher
    Run 3t-example-client as a regular java app from Eclipse.

    Andrus