Re: M5?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2005 - 10:07:54 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > Mike et al. --
    >
    > I was wondering if we should release M5 now. There is a list of 12
    > issues marked as resolved in JIRA.
    >
    > There is also one major new feature - new cgen. What is the state of
    > that?
    >
    > I guess in 1.2 final I would like to see it undergo some refactoring
    > (as discussed here - http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-
    > devel/2005/06/0004.html), but this shouldn't hold us from making
    > another milestone now. We can just tag it as "experimental" in the docs.

    I'm using the latest CVS in my project without any issues. Makes sense to
    me.

    There's some minor things that could be improved with cgen, but nothing
    that's a blocker.
    I make heavy use of it in 16 different templates (18 including the standard
    superclass/subclass.vm) to generate entire JSF application modules from the
    cayenne model.

    This is only bug I'd like to see fixed before a release (CAY-328), but I
    haven't looked at it yet, and since it's a new feature, I don't see a
    problem with it not working fully:

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-328
    cgen includeEntities doesn't handle comma-separated entities properly