Re: M5?

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 14:23:44 EDT

    On Jul 17, 2005, at 3:51 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Kevin,
    >
    > Any update on that? With my current schedule for other projects,
    > I'd like to push the release out sometime between next Monday and
    > Thursday (07/18-07/21).

    I'm still waiting on John, who has been rather busy from what I
    gather. He said his usage so far indicates that it's working pretty
    well, although he wanted to pound on it for another couple hours. I
    don't know if that's enough for you to merit adding it into M5 or
    not. I'd like to see other people beat on it too, and it seems to be
    at a state where it works pretty well, although certainly not bug
    free. I suspect I may make another minor change or two to the API as
    well and I'm not sure if you're looking for a 100% stable API before
    you really announce (although, since it's already in CVS, does this
    really matter?). On this front though, the API changes are largely
    user driven -- what's there works for me, but others may find parts
    cumbersome.

    Anyway, I leave the final call up to you. I really don't want to
    hold you up any more and it doesn't look like John's going to be able
    to devote the necessary time this week.

    --
    Kevin