Re: ant test fails

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 11:31:27 EDT

    The real problem is that JUnit doesn't report problems in static
    initializers. Time to switch to TestNG or maybe rewrite
    CayenneTestResources and CayenneTestCase static{} blocks.

    Anyway, looking at your test XML output, you are using JDK 1.5:

    <property name="java.vm.version" value="1.5.0_04-b05"></property>

    I think I saw a few problems with Unit tests and 1.5 in the past
    (though Cayenne itself works fine on 1.5). Try installing JDK 1.4 in
    parallel with 1.5 and rerun the unit tests with 1.4. It is a good
    idea anyway. We are trying to keep Cayenne runtime 1.3 compatible and
    Modeler - 1.4 compatible, so any patches you may submit shouldn't
    have 1.5 API.

    Andrus