Re: CayenneDataObject#setDataContext()

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 10:00:29 EDT

    > Okay, then how can we prevent dumb people like me from making similar
    > mistakes. I suppose a JavaDoc comment would be a good start. I'm
    > still fond of auto-registration if necessary.

    If you're reading javadocs, you don't qualify as dumb :)

    When setDataContext() is called, the DataContext should know its going
    to be holding the CDO. Couldn't setDataContext check the object store
    and see if the CDO is already in there. Then it could throw an
    exception if not, preventing the confusing situation...

    This may not work, especially with serialization, etc.. just a random idea.