Re: CayenneDataObject#setDataContext()

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 10:07:11 EDT

    On Sep 14, 2005, at 10:00 AM, Cris Daniluk wrote:

    > When setDataContext() is called, the DataContext should know its going
    > to be holding the CDO. Couldn't setDataContext check the object store
    > and see if the CDO is already in there. Then it could throw an
    > exception if not, preventing the confusing situation...

    I would be fine with this.

    I really like Cayenne, but more often than I'd like I find myself
    spending hours tracking down problems. It's usually my fault they
    happened in the first place, but something like this simple exception
    here could save hours. I hate to keep drawing comparisons to
    Tapestry, but I guess I really like what they do so I look to them as
    a model. Tapestry is not an extremely simple framework to use, but
    they make their error messages as descriptive as possible and it
    really goes a long way.

    --
    Kevin