Re: 3T Relationships [are done]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 15:26:56 EDT

  • Next message: jira-norepl..bjectstyle.org: "[OS-JIRA] Created: (CAY-376) Need to provide ability to specify DataContextFactory to allow subclassing of DataContext"

    On Sep 15, 2005, at 2:52 AM, Tore Halset wrote:
    >> But serialization mechanism choice would affect deployment. If we
    >> use XML, client can be anything - Java, .NET, etc. Encoding can be
    >> done in generic form... If we use Java serialization on the other
    >> hand (or Hessian variety which is part custom, part Java), two
    >> communicating JVMs would have to access the same set of classes,
    >> hence - client classes would have to be available on the server.
    >>

    > I was thinking about a objective-c/cocoa client framework. That
    > would have been cool (for the mac-users).

    Totally!

    But back to Java world - I am trying to find an answer to another
    design question that is related to this discussion. So ... if we have
    client classes on the server, this is redundant and complicates
    deployment. If we don't, how do we reuse custom logic on both client
    and server? By calling a remote method? This would suck for simple
    things, like combining a few properties to get a derived value and
    such... I am still looking for a clean way of doing that.

    Andrus