Re: 3T Relationships [are done]

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 16:17:26 EDT

    On Sep 15, 2005, at 21:26, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > I am trying to find an answer to another design question that is
    > related to this discussion. So ... if we have client classes on the
    > server, this is redundant and complicates deployment. If we don't,
    > how do we reuse custom logic on both client and server? By calling
    > a remote method? This would suck for simple things, like combining
    > a few properties to get a derived value and such... I am still
    > looking for a clean way of doing that.

    This is the way I was thinking..:
    * The objects and the object graph are edited on the client side
    using the client classes.
    * The client calls commit
    * The client logic sends the diff to the server context
    * The server propagates the info to the server classes. If person's
    fullName changed on the server, call Person.setFullName with the new
    value on the server.
    * The server context commit

    Same thing should happen on query. I think the result of the query
    should be put into the normal server classes (like _Person and
    Person) and the serializer (xml, hessian, whatever) should issue all
    the get* methods on the objects.

    It should be possible for the app developer to have some logic in the
    server classes and some other logic on the client classes.

    I do not know if this is the way to do it. Just some thoughts...

      - Tore.