Re: DataContextFactory

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 16 2005 - 09:04:17 EDT

    The current implementation doesn't limit anything. It simply
    performs an unnecessary new ObjectStore(DataRowStore) construction,
    which, in the case of providing your own ObjectStore, can be ignored
    and will be garbaged-collected.

    The only potentially-expensive or significant operation in this is

                EventManager.getDefaultManager().addNonBlockingListener(
                        this,
                        "snapshotsChanged",
                        SnapshotEvent.class,
                        dataRowCache.getSnapshotEventSubject());

    I'm not entirely certain what the side effects would be of leaving
    this event registered for an unused ObjectStore, but I guess the
    person implementing their own ObjectStore would be responsible to
    clean it up, if needed.