Re: deprecating setLogLevel

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 15:09:56 EDT

    On Sep 18, 2005, at 3:01 PM, Cris Daniluk wrote:

    > And has anybody ever actually hooked commons-logging up to something
    > other than Log4j? It's nice to be abstract, but the tradeoffs aren't
    > worth it to me.

    I used it on the client for a little bit (i.e. no web container or
    other "environment", just plain JVM) with Log4J or with default
    commons-logging factory. Haven't seen any problems in such vanilla
    environment.

    > I'm -1.

    Yeah, I don't mind holding off on the switch until we are completely
    comfortable with it. It came up just because Gili asked a rhetorical
    question. The point of my original message wasn't the switch, rather
    it was removing org.apache.log4j.Level dependency from Query (and
    optionally DataContext). This has nothing to do with commons-logging.

    Andrus