Re: deprecating setLogLevel

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 15:01:10 EDT

    I've got to say... I have had nothing but problems with
    commons-logging, especially with ant-driven tasks. There are so many
    versions that invariably get loaded into the classloader (particularly
    if you're using Tomcat taskdefs) and you end up getting classloader
    errors because commons-logging is so stupidly picky about versioning
    of the Logging class.

    And has anybody ever actually hooked commons-logging up to something
    other than Log4j? It's nice to be abstract, but the tradeoffs aren't
    worth it to me. I'm -1.