Eclipse and third party sources

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 16:06:41 EDT

    I can't seem to figure out how to parameterize source locations for
    third-party jars in .classpath. Eclipse wouldn't recognize variable
    names in "sourcepath" attribute, e.g.:

    <classpathentry sourcepath="HESSIAN_SRC" kind="lib" path="otherlib/
    hessian-3.0.8.jar"/>

    (I also tried various syntax for variable name, like ${..} and a few
    others ...)

    For the lack of a better solution I thought we might implement one
    that I used on another project - create a second Eclipse project (not
    java project, just "simple" project would do) called "third-party" or
    similar, that contains a bunch of source folders for the third party
    sources, and then fill it with correct versions.

    Anyone has a better idea?

    Andrus