Re: PostgreSQL & NULL values

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 20:24:22 EDT

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:17:21 -0400, Andrus Adamchik
    <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > BTW, I just added a nullable varchar column to the PAINTING test table -
    > and all unit tests still pass (with a lot of null inserts going on). So
    > your case is somehow different. Let me know if you find more info.

    I apologize. The field was actually marked as CLOB, not VARCHAR. I've
    developed a very simple test project and can verify that switching
    between Cayenne 1.2 M5 and 1.2 M6 has different behavior. Principally,
    the former will perform the insert without issue while the latter
    throws the aforementioned exception.

    Would you like me to send you the example? Although, I suspect if you
    have any projects with CLOB, that you could reproduce it yourself easily
      enough.

    --
    Kevin